Advertisement CONTINUE READING BELOW
Extremely refreshing. I make extra salsa to keep in the fridge for a pick-me-up after a long day at uni. You can serve it on a banana leaf with lime wedges.
- 2 bananas, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cucumbers – peeled, seeded, and diced
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger root
- 1 fresh red chile pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ½ pounds tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
In a large bowl, mix bananas, cucumbers, mint, cilantro, ginger, and red chile pepper to make salsa.
In a small bowl, blend lime juice, fish sauce, and brown sugar until sugar has dissolved. Thoroughly mix into the salsa.
Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Place prawns in the water, and cook 3 minutes, or until flesh is opaque. Serve with the banana salsa.
Prep time: 15 mins / Cooking time: 3 mins / Total time: 25 mins
Serving: 4 / Yield: 4 servings