A fresh apple salsa that combines tart apples with chile peppers, lime juice, cilantro, toasted walnuts, and ginger. A great appetizer!
- 2 tart apples, cored and cubed
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 fresh Anaheim chile, seeded and sliced
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
In a large bowl, stir together apples and lime juice. Stir in jalapeno and Anaheim chile slices. Stir in onion, cilantro, walnuts, ginger, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
Prep time: 10 mins / Cooking time: – / Total time: 10 mins
Serving: 6 / Yield: 6 servings