A sweet, citrus, and spicy salsa. Perfect for an outdoor summer party. Would be great paired well with some chicken.
- 2 large oranges, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- ½ cup minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon apple juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ jalapeno pepper, minced
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Combine oranges, tomato, onion, apple juice, orange zest, garlic, jalapeno pepper, ginger, and salt in a large bowl; toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes. Stir in cilantro before serving.
Prep time: 25 mins / Cooking time: – / Total time: 55 mins
Serving: 6 / Yield: 6 servings