I tinkered a bit with what I found in other recipes and this is the result. I think I like my results. I stirred in a small handful of tamari-flavored pumpkin seeds just before serving (couldn’t find plain ones) and sprinkled a bit of paprika on top to make it look nice.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup toasted pumpkin seed kernels, or more to taste
- 1 pinch paprika
Pulse lemon juice, tahini, garlic, and salt together in a food processor or blender until smooth. Add garbanzo beans and olive oil and pulse until smooth. Add pumpkin, cumin, and cayenne pepper; process until well blended. Transfer hummus to a container with a lid and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Fold pumpkin seeds into hummus; garnish with paprika.
Prep time: 15 mins / Cooking time: – / Total time: 2 hrs 15 mins
Serving: 16 / Yield: 16 servings