Very easy, tasty pot roast. Uses things that even a kitchen novice can have in the kitchen!
- 1 pound beef sirloin roast
- 1 pinch seasoned salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped carrot
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 4 large potatoes, cubed
- 6 carrots, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herb seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle caffeinated citrus-flavored soda (such as Mountain Dew®)
- 4 ½ teaspoons steak sauce (such as A1 Steak Sauce®)
Sprinkle the beef with seasoned salt and black pepper to taste. Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat, and brown the roast on all sides, about 3 minutes per side. Place the browned roast into a slow cooker, and sprinkle the onion, chopped carrot, and celery over the meat. Scatter the potatoes and carrot pieces over the other ingredients, sprinkle on the Italian seasoning, parsley, and celery salt, and pour the can of soda over everything. Sprinkle the steak sauce on top.
Cover, and cook on Low setting for 8 hours.
Prep time: 20 mins / Cooking time: 8 hrs 12 mins / Total time: 8 hrs 32 mins
Serving: 6 / Yield: 6 servings
Anne R. Jacinto is an engaging writer with a zest for blending literary insight with digital trends. Keen on research, she delves into global events and the stories behind influential figures, offering readers a glimpse into the lives of celebrities worldwide.