Due to pregnancy food aversions, I haven’t been able to eat eat salad so I started eating it in smoothies! This smoothie tastes great and gives you at least three servings of veggies!
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- ⅓ cup milk, or more as needed
- 4 frozen strawberries, or more to taste
- 1 frozen banana, cut into chunks
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract, or to taste (Optional)
Put romaine lettuce into the bottom of a blender pitcher; add enough milk to cover completely and blend on High until smooth.
Drop one strawberry at a time into the blender while still running on High and allow the berry to blend completely before adding the next. Blend one banana chunk at a time into the mixture in the same manner as the strawberries. Thin the smoothie with additional milk to keep smoothie blending properly. Blend vanilla extract into the smoothie.
Prep time: 10 mins / Cooking time: – / Total time: 10 mins
Serving: 1 / Yield: 2 cups