The sweetness of fruit combines with the tartness of rhubarb, delivering a tasty end to a meal or an anytime snack. Serve hot or cold with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 6 fresh peaches, pitted and chopped
- 2 pears – peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 stalks rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 large papaya – peeled, seeded and cubed (Optional)
- 2 tablespoons biscuit baking mix
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
Arrange the peaches, pears, rhubarb, raisins, and papaya or mango in the prepared pan. In a medium bowl, combine the baking mix, brown sugar and margarine. Stir until mixture has a crumbly texture. Sprinkle evenly over fruit.
Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown, 35 to 45 minutes.
Prep time: 20 mins / Cooking time: 35 mins / Total time: 55 mins
Serving: 8 / Yield: 8 servings