This vegetarian eggplant and red bell pepper bake is a delicious recipe for eggplant.
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchstick-sized pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into matchstick-sized pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 ⅓ tablespoons olive oil
- 3 ⅓ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 eggplant, sliced lengthwise 3/8-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
- ¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Mix red bell pepper, onion, and garlic in a large mixing bowl; season with basil, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over pepper mixture; toss to coat vegetables evenly.
Brush eggplant slices with olive oil to coat.
Spread about 1/3 of the pepper mixture into the bottom of a square glass baking dish; top with a layer of about 1/3 of the eggplant. Repeat layering twice more. Top final layer with mozzarella cheese.
Bake in preheated oven until cheese is browned and vegetables are bubbling, 35 to 40 minutes.
Prep time: 20 mins / Cooking time: 35 mins / Total time: 55 mins
Serving: 4 / Yield: –