Use up that extra zucchini with this pasta-less dish. Experiment with spice combinations or use Parmesan cheese. Serve with more Pecorino cheese and freshly ground pepper.
- 1 large zucchini, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt, or as needed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- ½ medium red bell pepper, cut into matchstick-sized pieces
- 1 cup yellow grape tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons milk, or more to taste
- ½ cup freshly grated Pecorino cheese
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
Cut zucchini into noodle shapes with a spiralizer; toss with salt until combined. Drain on a paper towel until moisture is drawn out; about 20 minutes. Squeeze zucchini noodles to remove remaining moisture.
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and red bell pepper; cook and stir until onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook until soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
Stir zucchini into the onion mixture; cook and stir until tender and mixture looks dry, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Stir in milk and cook, 1 to 2 minutes. Add Pecorino cheese, pepper, and oregano; stir until combined.
Prep time: 20 mins / Cooking time: 14 mins / Total time: 54 mins
Serving: 2 / Yield: 2 servings