This is my wife’s favorite meal. A flavorful blend of ground beef, vegetables, and your favorite cheese. A true one-skillet meal that will satisfy your whole family!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced white mushrooms
- 1 (6.5 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- salt and ground white pepper to taste
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef and onion in the hot skillet until beef is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease.
Stir mushrooms, tomato sauce, olives, and garlic into the skillet. Crush stewed tomatoes into smaller pieces and add to the mixture. Season with salt and white pepper. Let simmer, uncovered, until liquid reduces, 20 to 30 minutes.
Slice zucchini lengthwise; cut into 1/2-inch slices and add to the skillet. Cook, covered, until firm yet tender to the bite, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in Cheddar cheese and cook, covered, until melted, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve.
Prep time: 15 mins / Cooking time: 35 mins / Total time: 50 mins
Serving: 4 / Yield: 4 servings