Very good! Not your ordinary spinach dip. This one is served hot with toasted bread cubes.
- 2 (8 ounce) loaves round pumpernickel loaves
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese, creamed
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup fat-free mayonnaise
- ½ cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach – thawed, drained and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) bottle diced pimento peppers, drained
- 1 (.4 ounce) packet dry vegetable soup mix
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Remove the top and interior of one pumpernickel loaf. Cut the insides, top and second loaf into pieces for dipping.
Place the cut loaf on a medium baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven 10 to 15 minutes, or until dry and firm.
In a large bowl, mix the cottage cheese, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, lemon juice, garlic powder, spinach, water chestnuts, pimento peppers and dry vegetable soup mix. Spoon the mixture into the hollowed out loaf. Top with 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
Bake in the preheated oven 20 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly brown. Heat the cut up bread pieces until lightly toasted.
Prep time: 30 mins / Cooking time: 20 mins / Total time: 50 mins
Serving: 20 / Yield: 1 bread bowl dip
Anne R. Jacinto is an engaging writer with a zest for blending literary insight with digital trends. Keen on research, she delves into global events and the stories behind influential figures, offering readers a glimpse into the lives of celebrities worldwide.