Advertisement CONTINUE READING BELOW
An easy fruit dessert made with fall fruit that can be served with a cheese selection.
- 3 pears – peeled, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 pomegranate, skin and light-colored membrane removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped almonds (Optional)
- 4 sprigs fresh mint leaves for garnish (Optional)
Place the sliced pears and pomegranate seeds into a bowl. Toss with lemon juice to coat. Combine the brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a small cup or bowl, then mix into the fruit. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving to blend the flavors. Serve in individual dishes, and garnish with a sprinkling of chopped almonds and a sprig of mint.
Prep time: 10 mins / Cooking time: – / Total time: 10 mins
Serving: 4 / Yield: 4 servings