A moist version of slow cooker roast beef without vegetables that has simple ingredients that combine to make a savory flavor. The gravy made from this beef needs no extra seasoning and is a great enhancement to add to the beef and whichever side dish you choose.
- 1 (2 1/2 pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 pinch garlic salt, or to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, or as needed
Rub beef roast with garlic salt and black pepper. Place the roast in the bottom of a slow cooker.
Mix Worcestershire, soy sauce, and red wine vinegar together; pour over the beef roast. Sprinkle onion soup mix over the beef. Pour water into the slow cooker around the roast, not over the top.
Cover and cook on Low until no longer pink in the center and fork-tender, 4 to 6 hours.
Transfer the sauce from the slow cooker into a saucepan on the stove. Heat over medium heat until bubbling and mix in cornstarch to thicken.
Prep time: 10 mins / Cooking time: 4 hrs 5 mins / Total time: 4 hrs 15 mins
Serving: 8 / Yield: 8 servings