This cheesy, creamy, rich crawfish pasta is found at every family gathering in the New Orleans area – a great addition to your seafood recipe box and a great way to try crawfish!
- ¾ (12 ounce) package egg noodles
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup minced green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (16 ounce) package cooked and peeled whole crawfish tails
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning blend (such as Tony Chachere’s®), or to taste
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup sliced fresh mushrooms (Optional)
- ¾ cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- ⅓ cup sliced green onions
Bring a large pot of lightly-salted water to a rolling boil; stir in the egg noodles and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through but is still firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the chopped onion, green pepper, garlic, and parsley. Cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the crawfish tails and Cajun seasoning; simmer 5 minutes longer.
Pour in the heavy cream, mushrooms, and 1/2 cup of Cheddar cheese; stir until the cheese has melted. Toss the pasta with the crawfish sauce and green onions; sprinkle with the remaining Cheddar cheese.
Prep time: 30 mins / Cooking time: 15 mins / Total time: 45 mins
Serving: 4 / Yield: 4 servings