A delicious fruity salsa topping to serve over fish or chicken, from a friend in Florida. I always use whatever that I have left in a mixed greens salad the next day. Use any kind of fish — I use tilapia or salmon. The fish may also be grilled, which is what I prefer. If I can’t find a good fresh pineapple, I will use canned pineapple tidbits.
- ½ fresh pineapple – peeled, cored, and chopped
- ½ pound strawberries, quartered
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and diced
- 1 large mango – peeled, seeded and diced
- ½ cup grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ pounds tilapia fillets
- ½ teaspoon seasoned pepper blend
In a bowl, toss together the pineapple, strawberries, kiwifruit, mango, tomatoes, cilantro, and balsamic vinegar.
Spray a skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle tilapia fillets with seasoned pepper blend, and pan-fry until fish turns white and opaque, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve fish topped with salsa.
Prep time: 30 mins / Cooking time: 10 mins / Total time: 40 mins
Serving: 4 / Yield: 4 servings
Anne R. Jacinto is an engaging writer with a zest for blending literary insight with digital trends. Keen on research, she delves into global events and the stories behind influential figures, offering readers a glimpse into the lives of celebrities worldwide.