Lighter dairy ingredients are the key to this recipe’s healthier makeover. Serve it up hot with multi-grain crackers and crisp celery sticks.
- 2 (10 ounce) cans natural chunk chicken, drained
- ¾ cup hot pepper sauce (such as Frank’s RedHot®)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 cup light ranch dressing
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
- 8 ounces multi-grain crackers
Heat chicken and hot pepper sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in Neufchatel cheese and ranch dressing. Cook and stir until well blended and warm, 5 to 7 minutes. Mix in half of the shredded Cheddar cheese, then transfer mixture to a slow cooker.
Sprinkle remaining Cheddar cheese over top, cover, and cook on Low until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Serve with celery sticks and crackers.
Prep time: 5 mins / Cooking time: 40 mins / Total time: 45 mins
Serving: 20 / Yield: 5 cups
Anne R. Jacinto is an engaging writer with a zest for blending literary insight with digital trends. Keen on research, she delves into global events and the stories behind influential figures, offering readers a glimpse into the lives of celebrities worldwide.