Advertisement CONTINUE READING BELOW
This salsa is a spicy fresh addition to any Mexican meal and it’s great on breakfast burritos. If you’d like to decrease the heat of the jalapenos, remove the seeds and membranes from the peppers before dicing them.
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 3 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- salt to taste
In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, plum tomatoes, green onions, peppers, celery, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, pepper and salt to taste. Refrigerate for 45 minutes before serving.
Prep time: 15 mins / Cooking time: – / Total time: 1 hr
Serving: 20 / Yield: 3 cups