The tilapia is cooked with the sauce. I had something similar in a restaurant and I developed this based in their dish (I did make a few changes). Serve the tilapia with the sauce placed on top of it on your plate with a steamed vegetable and salad.
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 3 ears fresh corn, kernels cut from cob
- 4 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the diced tomatoes with juice, 3/4 cup wine, black olives, and corn. When the sauce is hot, place fillets on top, and spoon some of the tomato mixture over the fish. Cover, and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. If the sauce begins to dry out, add additional 1/4 cup white wine.
Prep time: 10 mins / Cooking time: 30 mins / Total time: 40 mins
Serving: 4 / Yield: 4 servings