A delicious, nutrient-rich, and satisfying breakfast for cold mornings. Quinoa for protein and chewiness; prunes for fiber and sweetness; vanilla almond milk, nutmeg and cinnamon for feel-good flavor!
- 2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped pitted prunes
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla-flavored almond milk
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Boil water and salt in a saucepan. Stir in quinoa; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes.
Stir in chopped prunes, peanut butter, almond milk, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cover and simmer 5 more minutes.
Prep time: 10 mins / Cooking time: 15 mins / Total time: 25 mins
Serving: 4 / Yield: 4 servings