This is a simple one dish meal that’s been in my family for years – corn chips, vegetables, beans and cheese all piled up to make a delicious haystack! Kids love it!
- 2 cups kidney beans, cooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) package corn tortilla chips
- 1 head iceberg lettuce – rinsed, dried, and shredded
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can chopped black olives
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
In a medium saucepan, combine the kidney beans, salt, chili powder and pepper. Cook over medium heat until heated through.
To assemble the haystacks put a hand full of corn chips on a plate, follow with a spoonful of heated bean mixture, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, onions, olives, carrot, and cheddar cheese. Top with salsa and sour cream.
Prep time: 5 mins / Cooking time: 10 mins / Total time: 15 mins
Serving: 6 / Yield: 6 servings
Anne R. Jacinto is an engaging writer with a zest for blending literary insight with digital trends. Keen on research, she delves into global events and the stories behind influential figures, offering readers a glimpse into the lives of celebrities worldwide.