I’ve had this recipe for years. It’s a great way to use leftover beef or you can buy an inexpensive cut and do it from scratch. My kids love it because of the soup. Tenderize the steak with a mallet prior to cooking, if desired.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound round steak, thinly sliced into 2 inch pieces
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of broccoli soup
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat. Stir in the steak and season with salt and pepper. Cook until beef is almost completely browned.
Stir in onions and saute until tender. Stir in broccoli, condensed cream of broccoli soup, water and soy sauce. Blend well.
Reduce heat and cover. Cook to desired doneness.
Prep time: 15 mins / Cooking time: 20 mins / Total time: 45 mins
Serving: 4 / Yield: 4 servings