I made this up last night looking for something to do with a bag of beautiful baby eggplants I got. They were purple eggplants, but smallish. They were nice because they did not have a lot of seeds. I did not seed the tomatoes and they were just fine. This is ridiculously good. Way beyond the effort it takes to make it. Tastes nice warm or cool.
- 4 small purple eggplants, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 5 Roma (plum) tomatoes, or more to taste, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 cloves garlic, or more to taste, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Put eggplant cubes in a colander set over a bowl. Sprinkle salt liberally over the eggplant cubes; let sit to drain for 30 minutes.
Toss tomatoes, zucchini, onion, and garlic together in a bowl. Drizzle olive oil over the mixture and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper.
Rinse eggplant to remove salt and pat dry with paper towel; add to the tomato mixture and stir. Add olive oil as necessary to assure the eggplant cubes are coated. Spread the vegetable mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
Roast in preheated oven until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
Prep time: 20 mins / Cooking time: 30 mins / Total time: 1 hr 20 mins
Serving: 8 / Yield: 8 servings