This is a great pasta sauce with tons of vegetables and sour cream. You can serve it with any type of pasta you like.
- 1 (12 ounce) package penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 7 ounces sour cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini, bell pepper, mushrooms, spinach, and tomatoes. Cook and stir until vegetables have softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add broth, sour cream, and tomato paste and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Drain penne and mix into the sauce. Stir in parsley and basil.
Prep time: 15 mins / Cooking time: 15 mins / Total time: 30 mins
Serving: 4 / Yield: 4 servings