My teens aren’t crazy about roasts, but this is one that they love! It does have a touch of sweetness to the gravy, so it might not be for you if you are a lover of spicy foods.
- 1 (3 1/2) pound boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can beef gravy ( such as Campbell’s® Franco-American®)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, or as needed
Put roast in slow cooker crock.
Stir cream of mushroom soup, beef gravy, brown sugar, dry onion soup mix, vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; pour over the roast.
Cook on High for 6 to 7 hours or on Low for 12 to 14 hours.
Remove roast to a platter. Ladle liquid from the slow cooker into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Sprinkle flour into the liquid and stir; cook until the liquid thickens into a gravy, about 5 minutes. Serve gravy with the roast.
Prep time: 10 mins / Cooking time: 6 hrs 5 mins / Total time: 6 hrs 15 mins
Serving: 8 / Yield: 1 roast
Anne R. Jacinto is an engaging writer with a zest for blending literary insight with digital trends. Keen on research, she delves into global events and the stories behind influential figures, offering readers a glimpse into the lives of celebrities worldwide.