Enjoy this easy and delicious breaded tilapia dish with brown rice and mango salsa. Would also be great for fish tacos!
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, zested
- 1 pinch garlic powder, or more to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tilapia fillets
- canola oil, or more as needed
Put flour and eggs into 2 separate dishes. Combine bread crumbs, cilantro, lime zest, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper in a third dish.
Season tilapia fillets with salt and pepper. Put 1 fillet in flour, coat both sides, and gently shake off excess. Dip into eggs, turning once, then dredge in the bread crumb mixture to coat. Repeat with remaining fillets.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place fillets in the skillet and cook until crust is golden and fish is easy to lift with a spatula, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn and cook on the other side until fish flakes easily with a fork, another 3 to 4 minutes.
Prep time: 10 mins / Cooking time: 10 mins / Total time: 20 mins
Serving: 4 / Yield: 4 fillets