This is a really tasty snack we usually have in our country, with tea, on a rainy day. Besan is ground chick peas; it’s also known as gram flour, and you can find it at Indian stores. Serve with ketchup or chili sauce for dipping.
- 1 cup chickpea flour (besan)
- ¾ cup water
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch ground turmeric
- 2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
In a medium bowl, mix together the besan, water, salt, chili powder, turmeric, cumin, coriander seeds, onion, and jalapeno pepper until it forms a smooth mixture with no flour lumps.
Heat the oil in a deep skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is sizzling hot, drop dough by tablespoonfuls, and fry until golden brown on each side. Drain on paper towels, and serve hot with ketchup or chili sauce for dipping.
Prep time: 10 mins / Cooking time: 10 mins / Total time: 20 mins
Serving: 4 / Yield: 16 pieces