Tired of throwing out old bananas? This recipe is a moist, flavorful, and low-fat way to save those bananas and keep your kids coming back for more. No white sugar here. Good old maple syrup, non-fat Greek yogurt, and applesauce make great alternatives to the usual banana bread recipe!
- 1 scoop whey protein powder
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (Optional)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 banana
- ½ cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
Layer protein powder, flax meal, cocoa powder, and brown sugar in a blender; add almond milk, banana, berries, and peanut butter. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
Prep time: 15 mins / Cooking time: 50 mins / Total time: 1 hr 15 mins
Serving: 10 / Yield: 1 11×7-inch loaf