Esther is right! The sour cream makes this one so moist it melts in your mouth. I make it healthier by using light sour cream, whole wheat flour and less sugar and butter –and you know what? No one can tell the difference!
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 6 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 (16 ounce) container reduced fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (Optional)
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease four 7×3-inch loaf pans.
Stir together 2 tablespoons white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Dust pans lightly with sugar mixture.
Beat butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Blend in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla extract, and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Whisk together salt, baking soda, all-purpose flour, and whole wheat flour in a bowl. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture until just combined; fold in nuts. Divide into prepared pans.
Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
Prep time: 10 mins / Cooking time: 1 hr / Total time: 1 hr 10 mins
Serving: 32 / Yield: 4 7×3-inch loaves