Combine delicious curry flavorings with canned coconut milk to create a tender, mildly-flavored marinade for grilled chicken. Hint: If you love curry, add extra curry to the marinade.
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 medium lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 3 medium scallions, sliced, white and green parts divided
- 6 (4 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken cutlets, about 1/2-inch thick
- fresh cilantro or parsley for garnish (optional)
Combine coconut milk, curry powder, lime juice and zest, honey, garlic, salt, coriander, white pepper, and white parts of scallions in a bowl. Stir briskly until well combined and pout into a 1-gallon resealable plastic bag. Add chicken cutlets, squeeze out most of the air, and seal. Gently move chicken cutlets inside the bag so they are fully coated with marinade. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, or up to 4 hours.
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
Remove cutlets from the marinade, shaking off the excess. Discard marinade.
When the grill is ready, place cutlets on the grill and grill until lightly browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
To serve, place cutlets on a serving platter and sprinkle with reserved chopped scallion greens and chopped cilantro or parsley, if desired.
Prep time: 10 mins / Cooking time: 10 mins / Total time: 2 hrs 20 mins
Serving: 6 / Yield: 6 chicken cutlets